Shards is a resource and can be used to purchase Heroes at the Heroes Altar, or to donate to your Guild for upgrades and benefits. Shards are earned by defeating Dungeons and successfully defending against a fifth wave in Here Be Monsters. All Dungeons have a chance to give the player shards if won, and Dungeons marked with a blue tower will give you more (but those rooms are tougher). With the new update, shards can also be obtained from the Quest Board
You can view your current shard amount, by selecting the Heroes Altar, click on "Enter" and after this on "Hire With Shards" - your current amount should be displayed in the top left corner of the window.
- Note that the Shards are the ones which is harder to get and fewer chance to have, it can be attain in dungeons or HBM though it is not the same as easy to obtain like Gold, mana or gems.
- You can use Hero Shards way better to upgrade your heroes' skills by purchasing Sacrifice Heroes than using Gems and HB to roll sacrifice for Slimes and Crystal Ooze.
- With the recent update in Castle Clash Version 1.2.47, you can now earn Shards by completing some task of quest in the Quest Board .
- Shards serves as Guild credits on the Guild for upgrades, research and Boss Fights , it is converted as Guild Credits with a ratio of 1:1 conversion ( 1 = 1 )
- With the new update in version v1.2.52, you can now Exchange/purchase shards in 3 different packages by means of merit depending upon certain amount in warehouse