In Here Be Monsters, Magic towers work very well. A high level green and blue garrisons will, when combined, provide a powerful stun lock on many enemies, and at high levels the towers will also deal great damage to onithopters if a high purple garrison is used as well. (Remember these towers get a bonus vs heavy armor) Currently, these towers are almost a complete necessity to pass HBM AA+. They are also an asset in team HBM, for much the same reasons. Magic towers do not stun bosses, however.
Magic towers are also highly recommended in Heroes Trial, as they help you deal with the huge waves of powerful hitters like Pumpkin Duke, Cupid, and Vlad.
Click Magic Tower and you will find 4 Icons.These Icons are Info, Level Up, Upgrade and Garrison.
Below are the following details of information regarding the Icons:
- Info - an Icons that states information and details about Magic Tower.
- Level Up - gives you an option to upgrade your Magic Tower in a certain Levels.
- Upgrade - is an option to choose/switch from 2 remaining special upgrade levels of Watch Tower which is Arrow Tower and Cannon Tower.
- Garrison - is an additional features of the upgraded tower which can add heroes to make a powerful attack impact upon the towers upgraded.
There are another Icons which you will find once you Level Up your Magic Tower. These are the Cancel Icon and the Finish Icon. The details for Cancel and Finish Icons are as follows.
- Cancel - if you want to cancel your Level Up process, you can do so by hitting this icon. It will notify you that you can only retrieve 50% of the amount you spend for the Level Up you have made.
- Finish - is an icon where Gems are involved. If you want to finish instantly certain Level Up you have made, you can do so by spending the amount of gems shown on the top of the Finish Icon. Red number means that your gems stock is insufficient.
Upgrading Tower is an option where you can upgrade or switch to other special types of towers. Normally, when we upgrade a tower, we choose to level it up but somehow another option was to switch.
This upgrade page shows up when we press the upgrade button along with leveling up the tower a player chose, an option was either to switch from present tower to another optional special tower available provided that it should be paid with the amount the tower level has attained.
Source: New upgrade stats
Here are Magic Tower's specific information only. For general information about the Garrison feature you should check out the Garrison page.
Garrison in depth
Stun effect (inflicting Coma) stacks. The total chance can be calculated through the formula in the example below.
- 4 Magic towers with level 3 blue garrison (20% chance to stun).
- Each tower has 80% chance not to cause a stun on an enemy.
- With 4 towers, that enemy has 0.8^4 = 0.4096 = 41% chance to avoid a stun. This means there is a 59% chance that at least 1 in 4 towers will cause a stun on the enemy.
So, imagine that you have 5 magic towers at level 3 blue garrison, you have approximately 67% chance to cause a stun, which means the enemies will be stunned twice every 3 hits from your towers.
5 magic towers at level 7 blue garrison give you 92.2% chance to induce a coma (nearly permanent stun). This is the real power of Magic Towers!