Heroes are a special type of unit and are essential to successful game play. A Hero can fight in the Arena and are placed on a Hero Base in order to be used in Raids, Dungeons, Challenge a Boss, Team Dungeons, Heroes Trial, Torch Battles, Heroes Expeditions, or Here Be Monsters.
Heroes levels are increased by gaining Experience in Raids, Dungeons, and Here Be Monsters or by consuming Tomes and Essence. At every 20th Hero level a Star level Upgrade must be purchased, using Gold and Honor Badges, in order for the Hero to gain additional Hero levels.
Heroes can be purchased and upgraded in the Heroes Altar. You can buy a Hero three ways, using different resources:
- Honor Badges : Gambling, gives a high chance to receive a Slime or Ordinary Hero. There is also a small chance that you can get an Elite Hero and an extremely low (nearly zero) chance of getting a Legendary Hero.
- Gems : Gambling, gives a very high (about 65%) chance to receive an Elite Hero, about a 10% chance to receive a Gelatinous Champion, and about a 5% chance to receive a Legendary Hero. However, there is also a small (about 5%) chance that you can get an Ordinary Hero or (about 15%) Crystal Ooze. 
- Shards : Selection, you can choose which hero you wish to acquire by purchasing it.
Duplicate heroes cannot be stacked, i.e. You can not have two of the same type Hero fighting or defending from the Hero Bases, but you can have duplicate heroes occupying Tower Garrisons.
Sacrifice Heroes are heroes that are used (consumed) to increase other Heroes' skill levels. They can not be used in battles or for tower garrison purposes.
|Slime||Crystal Ooze||Gelatinous Champion|
Ordinary Heroes have the lowest stats, but are inexpensive and are therefore good for beginners. They introduce the player into the game, but they are not especially strong.
Elite Heroes have mediocre stats. However a few of them are on par with the lesser Legendary Heroes.
|Serpent Queen||Ice Demon||Triton|
Legendary Heroes most generally have the highest stats and are among the strongest of all Heroes. Some of them can only be obtained by Gem rolls (i.e. Pumpkin Duke, Snowzilla, Cupid, Aries) or by in-game purchases (Spirit Mage, Minotaur Chieftain). There is roughly a half percent chance per Gem Roll of getting a specific Legendary hero, or about a 50% chance after 172 rolls.
|Centaur Scout||Centaur Elite||Centaur King|
There are some heroes not yet released, but there are clues. For example, the "Pirate Captain" is on the Loading Screen V1.2.24 and 1.2.25 as seen in the image below.
In fact, Pumpkin Duke has been the new model of Pirate Captain since the Halloween event, but now there are some rumors about Pirate Captain being a completely new and different hero from Pumpkin Duke that will be released in the future.
|Pirate Captain||Pirate Captain Icon|
The heroes shown below are extracted from the Chinese version of the game, but there are already pieces of them in English Version (skill, images, names...).
|Simian Saint||Juggernaut||Master Monk|
And there also glimpses of yet other characters extracted from chinese version.
In the Heroes Altar, Arena, Hero Bases, Hero Academy and Garrison, higher level heroes appear first in the roster order. In Raids, Dungeons and Boss Battles, the order of heroes in the roster is fixed. Each new hero in the roster is assigned an apparently random ordering, or position, that never changes. Heroes are not ordered by name, level, skill, talent, order acquired, shard cost, or any other meaningful attribute.
- Complete Hero List
- Hero Comparison
- Team Recommendations
- Detailed Information about Attributes, Classes, Energy, Experience, Skills, Stars and Talents
- Stats Calculator, Castle Clash Forum
- Heroes introduction (updated edition) (will be updated), Castle Clash Forum
- Hiring Heroes With HBs, Stats and Odds, Castle Clash Forum - I Got Games, (September 26, 2013).