Every Hero starts at (Star) level 1 and is granted a random Talent next to their standard skill. Heroes can level up and gain Experience in raids, Dungeons and Here Be Monsters. At every 20th level a Star Upgrade must be purchased, otherwise the Hero won't gain any more level.
Heroes can be purchased and upgraded in the Heroes Altar. You can buy Heroes with three different Resources:
- Honor Badges: Gambling, gives a high chance to receive a Slime or Ordinary Hero, there is also a small chance that you can get an Elite Hero and an extremely low (nearly zero) chance of getting a Legendary Hero. (not recommended).
- Gems: Gambling, gives a very high chance to receive an Elite Hero, about a 10% chance to receive a Gelatinous Champion and about a 5% chance to receive a Legendary Hero. However, there is also a small chance that you can get an Ordinary Hero. (recommended)
- Shards: Selection, you can choose the hero you want. (recommended)
Heroes cannot be stacked, i.e. You can't have two of the same Hero fighting/defending which are placed on Hero Bases, but you can have duplicate heroes in Garrison Towers.
Sacrifice Heroes are used to increase other Heroes skill levels. They can't be used in battles or Garrison.
|Slime||Crystal Ooze||Gelatinous Champion|
Ordinary Heroes have the lowest stats, but are cheap and therefore good for beginners.
|Angel||Marauder||Hill Giant||Engineer||Frost Witch||Dryad||Alchemist||Marksman|
Elite Heroes have mediocore stats. Some of them are even on par with Legendary Heroes.
|Executioner||Assassin||Werewolf||Cyclops||Shaman||Pain-Da||Serpent Queen||Ice Demon||Triton|
|Paladin||Champion||Succubus||Druid||Ninja||Thunder God||Atlanticore||Grizzly Reaper||Spirit Mage||Pumpkin Duke||Snowzilla||Cupid|
There are some heroes not yet released,but there are clues, for example the "Captain" is on the Loading Screen V1.2.24 and 1.2.25 as seen in the image below.
In fact, Pumpkin Duke has been the new model of Pirate Captain since Halloween event, but now there are some rumors about Pirate Captain being a completely new and different hero from Pumpkin Duke that will be released in the future.
- Hiring Heroes With HBs, Stats and Odds, Castle Clash Forum - I Got Games, (September 26, 2013).
- Stats Calculator, Castle Clash Forum
- Heroes introduction (updated edition) (will be updated), Castle Clash Forum
|Town Hall||Resource Buildings||Attack Buildings||Defensive Buildings|
|Achievements||Game Mechanics||Strategy Guide||Here Be Monsters|